Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peppermint Cupcake

My second cupcake of the night is a little fancier then the last. I figured I owed you a little something extra.
This cupcake is also a vanilla cupcake, but with a twist....with the suggestion of my hubby I crushed mini candy canes into the batter.
Without having a clue of how they would turn out, I'm pretty pleased with them. Travis thought they were pretty good. It made the cupcake gooey, with a slight crunch.
To decorate the cupcake, I frosted the top of it with a white butter cream, and piped the peppermint design in red butter cream frosting, with the help of Travy of course.
These are also available for my standard price. $1 each or $10 for a dozen.
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Travis! Yeah, I see peppermint candy canes crushed into all sorts of chocolates this time of year, so this works!! Can't say I'm a fan of the taste of chocolate with peppermint, but I'm sure the majority of the public loves it, which is why it exists!

    ReplyDelete