Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Well hello my fellow cupcake lovers! I'm so disappointed in myself that last night was my first time making cupcakes since my witches hats' in October! Most of the month of November was spent traveling for work and my husband's 25th birthday. In addition to traveling Travis and I moved back into the San Fernando Valley after a year of being in Santa Clarita. So last night I had enough of my cupcakes supplies to begin baking once again. What better time to get back on the wagon than the holidays. This next cupcake was inspired from a website I found. I made a few adjustments but the idea is still the same. The cupcake is my chocolate cake recipe, and the frosting is all butter cream. To decorate the cupcake, I first frosted the entire top with white butter cream frosting, then my loving hubby piped on Santa's hat in red butter cream. To make the beard look like it had texture I used shredded coconut, and to top off Santa's hat the puff ball is made up of a mini marshmallow. These cupcakes are now available for purchase at $1 a piece. It came out pretty good for a first run, I'm sure I'll be making them again to tweak it a little more. But this made me think of a whole line of cupcakes. So stay tuned for that. On the business side of things, Cupcakes by Coley now has an OFFICIAL website. Please visit me at www.CupcakesbyColey.com It is a work in progress but it's up and running and all mine! (Thank you Travy for such a wonderful suprise and putting the site up for me) Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. This cupcake is so adorable! I love it! Not a fan of chocolate with coconut, but a lot of people are -- hence almond joy chocolate bars! Also, seems like icing overload -- was your cupcake really sweet? You didn't write hubby's reaction to the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete