Sunday, April 18, 2010

Strawberry Cupcakes

It's been awhile since my last blog, but Cupcakes by Coley is undergoing a lot. Changes to the website and additions to the menu. This next cupcake will be featured on Facebook, so for all those who are interested please become of fan! My friend Val's sister is throwing her baby girl Kali her first birthday party and has asked me to supply the cupcakes. One of the flavors being strawberry, the other chocolate. Well I've never really attempted to make a strawberry cupcake so this one will be one of the few recipes I will try so it's perfect for Kali's big day. This next recipe is a strawberry cupcake with strawberry frosting topped with a fresh berry on top. In short, the cake itself is similar to a plain vanilla cupcake but with fresh strawberry puree mixed in. My helper, Travis, cut up fresh strawberries for me and threw them into our food processor. The cake turned out to be surprisingly moist and sweet. As for the frosting, well, it's a butter cream frosting, also with fresh strawberry puree. The frosting is really good, and just the right consistency. It reminded me of strawberry ice cream. FRESH strawberry ice cream, none of that fake stuff. To make it pretty I threw a slice of a strawberry to go on top. The cupcake turned out to be a success. I took them to my co-workers and they all seemed to really enjoy them. But like I said, this is just attempt number one! These cupcakes are now available for purchase at $2.00 each. Please visit www.CupcakesbyColey.com for ordering information. Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I wanna try that frosting! You should slice the strawberry and fan it out and lay it on top, like they do with cakes. But it still looks pretty without it!

    ReplyDelete