Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Are These Real?

"Are these real?" Travis asks. "What do you mean by real?" I respond. "Meaning they don't have any dates, they aren't gluten-free, they actually have fat in them..?" he adds. "haha yes, they are real"
My next challenge comes from page 167 in the cookbook, and they are actually muffins, not cupcakes, but its in the book-so I gotta do it.
These next ones are apple & cinnamon muffins. They were super easy to make. Flour, sugar....damn it as I type this blog I realize the next ingredient is baking powder and I forgot to add it into the mixture. Too late now, they are in the oven as we speak. grr! Anyway, the rest of the ingredients are cinnamon, vegetable oil, sweet butter (melted), eggs, buttermilk, and two apples, peeled, cored and finely diced.
Ugh, I hope they at least taste okay, I cant believe I forgot the baking powder. I'm sure most people probably wouldn't even blog about how they forgot, but this blog is all about learning experiences. Besides I have three other attempts to this recipe, I'm bound to get it right at least once, right?
5 minutes left on the timer...I'm anxious to get these suckers out of there.
Well, they look OK. Time will only tell.
So they've cooled down, and my husband and I sampled some...the verdict? Well they're very tasty but the texture is way off. The muffin kind of sticks to the inside of your mouth, after taste tastes like theres something missing. Which there is. Better luck next time.
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. Why do they look so flat? Hehe. Maybe because they're not real! buttermilk!?

    ReplyDelete