Sunday, October 25, 2009

My 50th Cupcake

So on Cupcakes by Coley's fan page via Facebook I asked my fans which recipe I should make for my 50th cupcake. The winner? Pumpkin, with a cream cheese frosting.
This particular one did not come from the cookbook. Why there wasn't a pumpkin recipe within the 500 cupcakes beats me. I personally think one of the nonfat or dairy free ones could have been replaced with pumpkin...
Anyway, the recipe was a huge success and turned out perfect. My husband and myself agreed that the texture was perfect and I did pretty well with the baking time.
The recipe has some great spices that made it come alive. For example, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and a few others that I wont go into great deal in case these turn up in my future bakery. =)
It said to bake for 20-25 minutes, and knowing my oven I baked for 20 with the suggestion of Travis. I cant wait to move out of this apartment. We'll be moving into my mother in-laws condo, she's letting us rent it out, which will be a huge help. The oven in that place in is twice as big, and a lot less shall I say...crappy.
These cupcakes are now available for ordering: $1 each or $10 for a dozen.
Please contact:
Coley at:
or visit my website:
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! How festive! Everyone in such pumpkiny moods around Halloween. It's funny. Definitely should be one of your cupcakes in your bakery.

    ReplyDelete