Monday, October 26, 2009

Perfect for a kids Halloween Party

Well I seem to be on a "seasonal kick" as far as ideas go. This past week I made Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes as you remember, which made me think what else can I make for the Halloween season?
Well I thought of two ideas, one of which I tried tonight. (The other I'll save for tomorrow)
One of my husbands all time snacks are, dirt cups. Yes, I'm talking about chocolate pudding, cool whip, oreos and gummy worms. Nothing extravagant, just a simple dessert that brings him back to being a kid. Ive made it several times for him, but I thought, "How can I make this into a cupcake??" The worms fit perfectly into the Halloween theme.
So what I did, was I used my moms chocolate cake recipe, and added oreos into the batter. I then made a standard vanilla butter cream and added cocoa. Top it off with some gummy worms and crushed oreos for decorations, and you have a pretty cute idea for a kids Halloween party at school or something.
It could even be used as buying the cupcakes, and having the kids frosting their own and decorating it with how they want. Kids love that sort of stuff during school parties.
$1 each or $10 for a dozen. 10% of all proceeds will go to Breast Cancer Research
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. Look at little miss thinker putting all these elements together! Very cool for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete