Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chocolate Drizzle Cupcake

This next cupcake is the perfect dessert for any adult birthday, anniversary, or just to veg out! This is a chocolate drizzle cupcake. It was actually one of the more difficult cupcakes I've had to make thus far. The cake itself is a chocolate cake, a no brainer to make there. But what was different was a didn't make them with a cupcake liner. I just sprayed some Pam into the cups, baked for their usual twenty minutes and wa-la! They looked really different when I pulled them out, they were completely flat, which was a good thing. I need a flat surface to work with. Then when the cupcakes have cooled I made a whipped cream frosting, which just consists of heavy cream, vanilla, and confectioner's sugar. The longest part of the process was trying to frost these suckers. They are so small, and I had to frost the top and the sides of it. I got very discouraged, but Travy gave me a pep talk and I went right back to it. It just takes time and patience. After they were frosting I put them in the fridge to chill for one hour. Meanwhile I made a chocolate ganache glaze and frosting. The ganache is pretty hard to work with as well for this type of thing. It had to be in just the right state, and at just the right temperature to create a drizzle look. If it's too thick it wont spread and will just be a pile of goo. So you have to use a tablespoon to aim the ganache straight down on top center of the cupcake and use the back of the spoon to help the drizzle along. When that's done....I placed a fresh raspberry a mint leaf on top. They have to chill until just before serving time. In the words of Travy,"These are stupid good!" haha what a silly silly man. But yes they are stupid good! I'm anxiously awaiting Mason and Brittany to come home. Mason just may pass out. The ganache is very sweet, the whip cream is light and the cake is fluffy, what more could you ask for? I mean, really? These are now for sale for $2.50 each. Please contact me direct at (818)620-7535 or please visit our website at www.cupcakesbycoley.com for ordering information. And don't forget 10% off all proceeds until the end of the month will go to Haiti to help rebuild their community. Photographer: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. I love whipped cream frosting on anything. Not a fan of the butter cream frosting at all. So I hope the whipped cream frosting wasn't too hard because if I ever order anything from you, it'll be whipped cream frosting!! :) Anyway, this looks great. And also great job on the photograph itself.

    ReplyDelete