Monday, January 4, 2010

My 62nd Cupcake

Tonight I made my 62nd cupcake, a little short of my goal-but I'm trying. I got really behind when I didn't make a single cupcake in the month of November. But that's the past, so let's focus on 2010 shall we?
This cupcake is a pound cake cupcake with a chocolate Italian meringue butter cream topped with Minnie's Bake Shop Sprinkles! (Provided by my Mommy & Daddy)--makes sense to have these sprinkles because January is Disney month, well according to AAA it is.
I've never made pound cake but it was pretty darn easy, with the help of Travis of course. He's my "Can you whisk the dry ingredients" man.
Pound cake is consisted of flour, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs. I noticed this particular cake is a little different then the rest. It doesn't consist of milk, probably because the amount of eggs that are in it. (6 eggs)
Pound cake has a tendency to form a peak while baking-to decorate cupcakes afterwards you can always slice and level them off. Or leave it, it isn't a huge deal especially if you'll be piping the frosting on.
All in all turned out to pretty well, a little on the dry side. But practice makes perfect!
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. Pound cake! We sell that at our donut shop. I hope your bakery will sell some tea or something to go with your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete