Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cupcake Heaven

Yesterday I tried something that wasn't in a book, but rather something I've wanted to try.
One of my favorite desserts has always been Cheesecake, so I thought why not make a smaller version, and put it in a cupcake liner? It's the perfect size, (smaller means less calories for those who are watching their figure!) it's a few bites of heaven really.
The bottom, is a Graham cracker crust, that Travis had a hand in, made of graham crackers, butter, and sugar.
After the crust is laid in place, at the bottom of the cupcake liner, I combined sugar, vanilla, cream cheese and eggs and poured it on top. I then baked them for half hour at 300 degrees and removed from the oven for five minutes.
For the topping, I combined sour cream, sugar and vanilla and poured it on top of the warm cheesecake, and put them BACK in the oven for another five minutes. After that they were finally done, and I put them in the fridge to cool down.
Dessert time had finally arrived. Mason and his girlfriend Brittany loved them and Travis and his friend Frank who was over for margaritas and tacos each had two! I must say-they are a problem and they may ruin my diet.
The good news is that they are now availble for ordering for $2 each. Please contact me directly for ordering. (818)620-7535
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. Sour cream? Was that good? Sounds weird! But I'm sure I'd like it because everything you make is great! These would be good for a party without kids. Maybe add a decoration? Like a raspberry on top or something.. Or a half of a chocolate covered cherry! Mmm.

    ReplyDelete