Sunday, January 3, 2010

Peanutty Chocolate Cupcakes

Travis made a prototype of my business card, we'll be printing them soon! What do you think? I'm so excited!
So I thought I would try my hand at the peanut butter/chocolate combination. My last cupcake with this combination wasn't the greatest, I had even commented on them reminding me of the commercial with the dog eating peanut butter, the "Got Milk" commercial.
These are a little different, the peanut butter isn't directly stirred into the batter nor is it in the frosting this time. Instead, I made a chocolate batter (not my usual one) filled the cupcake liners about one quarter of the way, and then I placed 1 teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture, which consisted of peanut butter, confectioners sugar and salt, into the center and then filled the wells with the remaining batter.
The cupcakes themselves were baked a couple minutes longer then usual. 22 minutes. I'm guessing its because of the peanut butter but who knows.
The frosting is fudge frosting that I have never made before but turned out to be very yummy! Travis liked it but liked my Mommy's chocolate frosting better =) He said it wasn't very "fudge" like but still very smooth.
Notes to myself: 2 cups of frosting with make about 10 piped cupcakes using the large star tip.
This recipe originally had salted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped, on top of the cupcake but because I was a little on the lazy side, mine don't have any. It's sad when I can literally walk to the grocery store but I just didn't have it in me to go buy peanuts. Oh well, perhaps next time.
My brother in law, Mason, seemed to like these cupcakes pretty well. He said they are ruining his figure and will cost him more gym time. =) Sorry Mason. I also have a request from him to come up with an orange/cranberry mixture cupcake. I've already begun researching. So that will be coming up soon.
hint about my next cupcake: January 3rd.
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. Wow these sound so good. I like that you put the peanut butter in the middle. Mmm I would eat it up. You should put a reese's peanut butter cup on top!

    ReplyDelete