Thursday, January 21, 2010

NFL New Orleans Saints Cupcakes

Tonight's cupcake comes as a request from my old buddy, Alina. Her and her friend Haley wanted Saints cupcakes. For the cupcake I made white chocolate chip and macadamia nut, it was really good. Ive never made it this way. My old version was white chocolate chips on the inside and the macadamia nuts crushed on top with the frosting. I think this way was much tastier. So not only was the way I made the cupcakes new,but how I decorated it had a lot of firsts for me as well. For the frosting I made a butter cream frosting, dyed it a light brown color, and then dipped each cupcake in a gold sand sugar coating. Then, with the help of Travy, we piped on the Saints logo, in black butter cream and outlined it in white fondant icing. The crunch from the sand sugar mixed with the sweetness of the frosting was perfect. Travis really liked them, and it seems that Haley and Alina did too. In fact I just received another order from Alina, 50 more cupcakes for her uncles 40th birthday! Thank you Alina for all your support! These cupcakes are now for sale for $1.50 each! I can do any NFL logo, not just Saints so let me know! Photography: Travis. J Premo

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool! That looks like a lot of work. Good thing Travis is there to help you. (Aww happy people). Wonderful to see the business is rolling along in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete