Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A delicate little number

The lemon butterfly cupcake was an interesting one to make.
The cupcake itself was your stanard vanilla cupcake made with sweet butter, topped with a lemon zest frosting.
I'm not sure if it was because I'm sick, but I felt a little off my game tonight. The instructions for the butterfly effect was to "Cut a slice from the top of each cupcake and cut into two". I read that into meaning cut the whole top off and make it flat. That wasn't the case, in fact it was supposed to be cut a small piece off the top and you can cover it up with frosting later. My little mishap made the wings of the butterfly way to heavy and toppled over. I realized this on my last cupcake, so out of the nine I made one came out perfect.
Other then that the cupcake came out pretty good. My husband had two =)
So just remember if your following along with the recipes, the top of the page mentioned the word "delicate", and they really were delicate to make, just be careful when slicing the top of the cake, go slow to avoid crumbling.
Tomorrows cupcake: Rum & Raisin Cupcakes
Photographer: Travis J.Premo

1 comment: