Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A not for everyone warm delight

These cupcakes, seemed much easier then last nights.
This cupcake uses dark rum and raisins.
A little hint for those following or interested in this recipe. You'll need to set a side some time to prepare for it. The raisins need to soak in the rum 2-3 hours or overnight to soften them. I didn't know this until I was ready to bake, so it put a damper on things for a little while. (this let me catch up on some food network TV!)
The cupcakes themselves are vanilla cupcakes with 3 tablespoons of rum and about 1/2 cup of raisins. Topped with a dark rum syrup with light brown sugar.
As far as the taste goes, I had to rely on my husband. Being sick seemed to take away all my taste buds. I cant taste a thing. He isn't a fan of raisins so his opinion is leaning a certain way. Which is fine. He said it tastes like its supposed to taste, rum and raisin-ish. Needless to say, he wont be getting one in his lunch tomorrow.
The cupcake seemed to crumble in our hands, much like they portrayed them in the picture.
Cupcakes by Coley has no new development. Still researching some copyright ideas. Travis and I are also throwing around the idea of a professional website. Perhaps after this 500 cupcake project is over and done with. Id like to have some more experience and have more pictures to show.
Right now Cupcakes by Coley is a word of mouth business. So if anyone has any birthday parties or events coming up, keep me in mind.
A special thank you to Travis, thank you for all your help.
As for now, I'm going to bed. I have to get back to work eventually....
Stay tuned in, tomorrows cupcake will be mini raspberry & coconut cupcakes.
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment: