Friday, August 28, 2009

These must be good for you......

I say if a cupcake has veggies in them, they must be good for you. Well that's my thoughts on it anyway.
Tonight I made carrot & walnut cupcakes. They were fairly easy to make, you just need extra time to prepare a few things.
The recipe called for shredded carrots, now of course you can buy pre-shredded carrots but I'd rather buy them whole and shred what I need. I do everything the long way. I guess it's in part my mom made, or shall I say makes, everything from scratch. Buys every ingredient fresh and does what she needs with them. At least it guarantees the freshness of the dish.
The cupcake is filled with shredded carrots, walnuts and raisins topped with a cream cheese frosting and walnuts to garnish.
The taste is similar to carrot cake, a little less sweet then the traditional cake, and a lighter batter over all.
I'll be bringing some to my Grandma to taste tomorrow afternoon, I'll have a second opinion by then.
Cupcakes by Coley had a pretty exciting day today. I try to go by the saying "It never hurts to ask." The worst that can happen is that someone will say no, you'll move on and that will be that.
Well today I was browsing the Internet when I got the idea to write to Food Magazine. I was curious how their advertisement works. I was contemplating buying a small space in the magazine to promote my blog and get some potential customers for the future. I explained that I was a 23 year old trying to become a business woman. Within the hour a woman answered my email saying I was in luck and she would love to do a piece on me and my blog! She said there were a few others out there like me, who got inspired by the "Julie & Julia" movie and she'll be in contact with me at the end of September to put the article together. So I'll be keeping everyone updated on how that turns out.
I'll be putting some business cards together this weekend and hopefully get some ordered soon. Ive had a few people ask me for some already.
Thank you everyone for all your support it means the world to me.
Tomorrows cupcake: Very Cherry Cupcakes
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS!!! Your business is going to be booming!

    ReplyDelete