Monday, August 24, 2009

Terra Cotta

Well its the third day of my little project, which means another cupcake is under my belt.
This evening I made Gingerbread pots. They are basically gingerbread cupcakes that I placed in terra cotta pots, ceramic planting pots. (you can find them at your local gardening center, such as Green Thumb for about 0.50 cents each) It gave sort of a "rustic charm" to them.
Using the terra cotta pots lead me away from cupcake liners for a night, which is nice. On the other hand I had to use parchment paper, which was a little difficult to work with, trying to stuff it into the pots. But by the third or forth one, I seemed to get the hang of it.
The cupcakes are filled with candied ginger. Which I'm not a huge fan of ginger but it seems to work well in this recipe.
On top of the cupcakes are a lemon sugar drizzle. Its very sweet so go easy on it. For anyone following the recipe, I recommend cutting the drizzle in half.
I was a little bummed when letting my cupcakes cool, I came back to them all caved in. So that brings me to my next question: Does anyone know why this happened? Should I have baked them longer? Did I need to put more of an ingredient in them? Please enlighten me.
As far as the company, I'm trying to do some research as how I can go about getting the logo copyrighted. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.
It's going to be a chaotic semester, as most of you know I work for a local travel agency, your standard 9-5 job. Monday I'll be returning back to school, three times a week for a grueling semester of computer science and statistcs until about 10pm. I hope I dont, but in case there is a day I go without blogging, never fear, that just means I have to catch up with the baking.
So stay tuned, tomorrows cupcake: Lemon butterfly cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. Nikki, I love your website. Its starting to inspire me to start baking again. Can't wait to see the Lemon Butterfly cupcakes - I LOVE lemon desserts - keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So moist and delicious! I loved the clay pot factor...can't wait for the next "chapter."

    ReplyDelete