Sunday, August 30, 2009

For lemon lovers

I decided to make another cupcake tonight, in the event I don't get time to do it tomorrow. Tomorrow I start school, I'll be at work until 5:30, and then its off to school until about 10pm...yay..and to make it even better I'll be in my computer science class. Something that really doesn't interest me. Just one of those classes I have to take in order to finish up my degree.
I have found another cupcake that I simply love. Its such a simple recipe, why didn't I think of these combinations myself?
I just finished up poppy seed cupcakes with a lemon drizzle. (Aunt Donna, you will love these!)
The cupcakes are made with sweet butter, sugar, flour, eggs vanilla extract, poppy seeds and grated lemon zest, bake for twenty minutes and the cupcakes should come out moist and light.
The drizzle is also very yummy. Confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and more poppy seeds. Its a little tart so go easy on it, it's also very runny so you'll have to pour slowly to avoid it from running along the sides. Although, next time I decide to make them I think I'll try an idea I got from Travis and just bake the drizzle right into the cupcakes.
Well I think four types of cupcakes is enough for one day.
Next cupcake: banana cupcakes
Photographer: Travis J. Premo

1 comment: