Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One of my favorite flavors.....

If anyone out there is like me, and loves banana, you're gonna love this recipe.
Tonight I made a banana cupcake with a cream cheese frosting with sliced banana's on top.
For this cupcake you'll need sweet butter, superfine sugar, self-rising flour, eggs, nutmeg and mashed riped bananas.
Nutmeg is a spice grown mainly in Indonesia, and has a sweet pungent taste to it. When most people think of nutmeg, they think eggnog which is a key ingredient in the holiday drink.
After baking for twenty minutes at 350 degrees, the cupcakes came out light and fluffy, with the perfect round top I love!
The frosting is a cream cheese frosting, made with cream cheese (of course!), confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
Top with a thin slice of banana, and there you have it!
They really do taste pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I'm a little uncertain about the cream cheese frosting, I'm afraid the general public may find it too tart for this particular cupcake. Still tasted awesome though.
Photographer: Travis J. Premo

3 comments: