Sunday, September 13, 2009

A good way to start the day.

For my final cupcake of the night, it isn't really a cupcake per say but I chose to do chocolate chip & raisin brioches.
Ive never made brioche, so it was a learning experience for me.
This one you WILL need plenty of time to prepare for them.
In this recipe it calls for active dry yeast, which can be found in the baking aisle at the super market. Dry yeast needs warm water to activate. Make sure it isn't too hot, because you don't want to kill the little guys. (if too hot of water is used, your dough wont rise properly.) I may have done this, because it didn't quite double in size like I wanted to, still I got the amount of muffins I wanted out of the dough. The dough will need about 45 minutes to rise. Mine was more like an hour, it just depends on how warm it is in your house. So this was a good stopping point to have dinner, yum!
After that was finally done I was able to add the raisins, (I'm beginning to think the author likes raisins....) and the chocolate chips. Once that is done you have to let it rise AGAIN for another twenty minutes. Then you brush a little beaten egg on top of each brioche and your set to put it in the oven. So here it is 9:30 at night and my brioche was just put in the oven. I wish I had done this earlier.
20 minutes later.....
brioche is done! Hmm I may suggest either lowering the temperature down a bit. 400 degrees may be too hot OR bake them for 1-2 minutes less. They came out a little burnt. Burnt may be to harsh of a word, but they are definitely darker on the bottom then they should be.
As far as the taste, it was pretty good! Id make it without raisins next time for Travy. I had them cold, but I have a feeling they'd be much better warm, first thing in the morning and not cold at 10pm.
Well, I'm off to to my exciting world of homework.
Photography: Travis J. Premo

No comments:

Post a Comment