Tuesday, September 29, 2009

a deflated mess....

I must say, I'm disappointed with the way these cupcakes turned out.
Tonight I made chocolate hazelnut cupcakes. What could go wrong? Chocolate, good. Hazelnut, good.
I think the authors introduction to this cupcake has something to do with it. He goes on to say "A timeless combination...with very little flour in the mix." I think the "very little flour" part had something to do with my deflated cupcakes, that and it didn't ask for baking powder, which always helps to raise the cupcakes.
The cupcakes has very few ingredients, butter, chocolate chips, sugar, eggs, 1 TABLESPOON of flour....and hazelnuts.
Bake for twenty minutes and according to the picture you're supposed to have this semi-fluffy cupcake, not a deflated mess.
What could I have done wrong? Any suggestions?
Overall taste: pretty good, tasted like a brownie.
Travis' testimonial: "Not a huge fan of the hazelnuts, but the cake is still very good."
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. Yum Yum Yum -- hazelnuts! I love them! Make some nutella kind of frosting to put on top -- mmmm!!

    ReplyDelete