Sunday, September 13, 2009

Number 29 and 30!

My second and third cupcakes for the day comes from page 236 in my cook book. Mini peanut butter cupcakes, and it's variation mini marshmallow & peanut butter cupcakes. These you have to make in advance because they have to sit in the fridge for two hours. I recommend longer, the peanut butter wasn't as solid as I would have liked it to be. The heading for these were "simple and no fuss". I beg to defer it was pretty messy if you ask me. To make these you'll need milk chocolate, sweet butter, heavy cream, and smooth peanut butter. Then the book goes on to say, with damp hands shape the peanut butter into 12 small flat circles, and push the peanut butter into the bottom of the cups. This wasn't as easy as it seemed. It was messy and gross, and I ended up using a spoon to place the peanut butter in the cups. You'll need to use a double boiler again to melt the chocolate. Once that's done you can pour the chocolate over the peanut butter, and place it in the fridge. These were very sweet, but very good. When eating them, it made one of my eyes squint due to the sweetness factor. You could go into a sugar coma if you aren't careful. Luckily there small. A very good snack nonetheless. Photography: Travis J. Premo

2 comments:

  1. These sound more like a piece of candy but they sure sound delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look and sound really good. You could bring those to parties!

    ReplyDelete