Monday, September 7, 2009

Could be better...

For my second recipe of the night, I chose to make an Avocado & Lemon Muffin. You can find this recipe under the "cupcakes for special diets" section of the cookbook. I'm a little confused as to why a muffin is even in this book. But I'm going with the flow either way.
As Fergal Connolly said, "Avocados contain a host of essential oils, vitamins, and minerals - all beneficial for the body's nervous system." That's great and all, but I'm not sure they belong in this muffin.
I was super excited to try this recipe, it has all great ingredients. Avocados, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, and ground black pepper. Unfortunately they just didn't mesh very well.
It was a very bland tasting muffin. I really want to give this a second shot, and put my own spin on it. I think it has really great potential. My husband gave me the idea of perhaps melting some cheese on top.
I think the recipe also calls for too much flour, because that's the first thing my taste buds tasted. So next time, I might sift the flour and put a little less. The recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups.
We shall see what happens.
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment:

  1. They look a little bland. Needs some prettyness. Cheese sounds like a scary topping. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete