Thursday, September 10, 2009

Number 26!

OK so TONIGHT I finally made those "Choc-fudge-frosted cupcakes" (that certainly is a mouth full)
I must have read the title wrong at first because I thought they were chocolate cupcakes, again, with chocolate fudge frosting. But alas, they turned out to be vanilla cupcakes with a fudge topping.
For starters this recipe is supposed to make 1 1/2 dozen cupcakes. Now I always cut my recipes in half, but I didn't get enough out of the batter. I barely squeezed by my nine, and even that was pushing it. The last three or so, were undersized. So keep that in mind if you try to make these yourself.
The fudge topping was a little hard to work with. Ive said it before in my blogs, in my opinion you always need to use a double boiler when melting chocolate. Some recipes in this book call for it, others don't. This one did not. It said to use a saucepan, which I did. But whenever you remove the chocolate from the heat, it becomes either lumpy, burnt or crumbly. That's the beautiful thing about a double boiler, the chocolate isn't directly on the flame.
So with that being said, it was hard to spoon the frosting on the cupcake. It was actually easier to use my hands.
Travis testimonial: "Pretty good, I like the texture of the cake."
My testimonial: "Can I have some milk?"
But overall I give this cupcake a B+
Photography: Travis J. Premo

1 comment: