Saturday, September 19, 2009

An alternative breakfast

Here's another way to approach a sunny side up egg. These cupcakes are called "eggy cupcakes". They can be found in the cupcakes for kids section of the cookbook.
There wasn't much to the baking process, just you standard vanilla cupcake and vanilla frosting.
The decoration on top is a drained canned peach half. (very creative if you ask me)
My dad thought they would be a cute idea for Easter breakfast =) I agree!
I'm getting a little more luck with the vanilla cupcake issue. I used my moms technique, and filled the empty cupcake cups with water. (since I only made nine of these, I had three that I was able to fill), This made the cupcake a little lighter and a little less dry. (I'm still interested in trying my friends idea of adding the sour cream, I just never seem to have that on hand.)
I did alter the vanilla frosting again though. Vanilla extract. Every pantry should have one.
Travis, enjoyed the texture of the cupcake. He isn't one for canned peaches so he ate that first to get it out of the way. Silly Travy.
Well my Aunt Donna reminded me to get my business cards printed, I agree. It's high up on my to do list. My to do list is pretty high lately.
My parents will be taking some of these cupcakes to my 89 year old grandpa. I'm anxious to hear how he liked them. He's a hard man to please sometimes.
Well stay tuned in, I'm not sure what other cupcakes I'll be making this weekend. I just know there will be a lot.
Photography: Travis J. Premo

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your dad: Great idea for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative! I love sunny side up eggs. Haha

    ReplyDelete