Wednesday, September 2, 2009

For the chocoholics!

Well tonight I had to go a little out of order from the cookbook. I was scheduled to make Madeleine's but I don't have a Madeleine pan to make them in, yet. My mother-in law, Tammi who lives in Utah, said she'd order one for me and have it shipped. =) Thank you again mama! I cant wait.
So instead of the Madeleine's, I've made Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes. These in particular are meant to be served warm from the oven. (The only way to eat a brownie in my opinion!)
For the cupcake you'll need to use a double boiler in order to melt semisweet chocolate and sweet butter together. After the mixture is melted you can go ahead and add it to the flour, sugar, and egg mixture.
After baking the cupcakes for 25 minutes, and letting them cool, I came back to them some what deflated. I was kind of bummed about this, they were so pretty straight from the oven and five minutes later they had lost their shape. They aren't too bad, the dollop of vanilla cream will cover them up just fine! (No one will ever know-muahaha!)
The vanilla cream tastes pretty good. The cookbook asks to beat the heavy cream until it becomes "semi-stiff", and I couldn't get mine to become that at all. So maybe someone out there has some suggestions?
When eating the cupcakes I found it hard to remove it from the wrapper and when I finally did remove it, it kinda crumbled in my hand, VERY delicious however.
Here is a testimonial for you all: Mason Premo- "Good stuff Yo!"
Here's a little info. I did not serve the cupcakes right from the oven as suggested. Instead I waited until dinner was over with and put them in the microwave for twenty seconds. They came back to their chocolate gooey selves again. mmmm!
I will for sure make these again.
Photography: Travis J. Premo

3 comments:

  1. Cream-beaters and bowl should all be as cold as possible --also--some brands of heavy cream just dont seem to whip stiff. I've always had a problem with Alta-Dena's whipping cream. I stick to Knudsen always now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best so far! You know me and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! Mmm chocolate and butter!

    ReplyDelete