Saturday, September 5, 2009

My 18th Cupcake

For my next cupcake I've made a banana & honey cupcake. Sounds pretty good to me!
I like this recipe because for a change of pace, instead of sweet butter it calls for margarine. Now if I'm out of butter one day I can just make one of the three variations of this recipe.
This cupcake calls for, bananas, brown sugar, honey, and roughly chopped walnuts. The walnuts offset the sweetness and "gives it a little crunch."
I was once again having some difficulties with my oven, so about 5 minutes into the baking session I had to take the cupcakes out of the oven, and wait for it to get back up to temperature. Because of this, I don't think they came out as golden brown as they should have. They still spent the twenty minutes in the oven like they were supposed to. But they don't look exactly like the picture.
Another thing that isn't exactly to the book is, Fergal Connolly (the author) wanted me to place each cupcake in a foil cup to display. Well I didn't have foil liners, so regular ones had to do.
These cupcakes can be stored for up to two days in an airtight container, or you can freeze them for up to three months.
Now for the fun part, my job as the taste tester!
Holy cow these are delicious. Could be one of the best yet. "Tastes like a warm delicious banana bread" Travis Premo said.
I really want my best friend, Amanda to try these. She's a sucker for banana. Unfortunately we live about 25 miles from one another.
Another plus, they are low-fat!
I give this cupcake an A+
Photography: Travis J. Premo

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh I want some so bad! I want 24!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you do with all these cupcakes? too bad we're on a fitness challenge now! oh nooooooooooooo! nikki, you could totally sabotage us.

    ReplyDelete