Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Number 39 out of 500

My second blog of the night, is another cupcake from the "cupcakes for kids" section of the book.
On page 259 I made the marmalade donut cupcake!
It was surprisingly very tasty! They aren't donuts, don't let the name confuse you. But once you bite into one, you'll see the likeness to it.
The cupcake is your standard vanilla cupcake, my arch enemy!
After baking the cupcakes, you have to hollow out a small hole with a teaspoon and fill it with the marmalade. Now it doest say to, but I decided to put the top back on, once I filled the cupcake with the jelly. Why let the top go to waste?
When that is all said and done, you'll want to make your basic cream cheese frosting, (take notes bear!)-(Bear is a nickname for my very best friend Amanda, of 17 years) Cream cheese frosting is nothing more then cream cheese (duh!), confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. You can add more sugar if you need, depending on how sweet or thick you want your frosting to be.
At the end of this little project, I'll be picking 20 of my favorite cupcakes and trying to perfect them. This one may be on the list. So whoever tries one, please tell me you're honest opinion.
I'm excited because my older brother, Ryan, will be home for the next day or so, so he'll finally get to try a Cupcake by Coley!
Photography: Travis J. Premo

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of marmelade, but these were really good! Just the right amount of marmelade in the center of the cupcake. It was great.

    ReplyDelete